I finally got back into my reading groove….much better than last month. Thank goodness…I can finally enjoy reading again!! In some ways, reading ruts can be a good thing, because this month has made me appreciate being able to enjoy reading even more. So I was able to review quite a bit more, and I have been trying to make it a goal to do more book reviews for all the books I read if I can. Although if its a novella, I usually just stick with a mini one done on goodreads. I have been catching up on some library reads, but haven’t done a visit yet, because my next visit next week I would like to get a bunch of Christmas reads so I am just waiting to get through what I have until then. But I have also entered the Coyer Challenge too, so I also want to get through some of my e book reads that have been sitting in my reader collecting dust (oh wait…it doesn’t collect dust hehe). This month has been wonderful though. Nice wonderful for the most part until lately. This past week I was pretty sick, so couldn’t enjoy Thanksgiving as much as I wanted to (which is a shame because its my favorite holiday). Had fun though with the family though. It was a fabulous month, to look at back at this year and see how much I have grown and how much I have been blessed with in my life. My life isn’t perfect and there are still things I am hoping for (like a husband and some kids down the road). But I have been blessed with great family, faith, and health and education. As far as my blog. I have been still working on polishing up my past reviews and getting them into my UBB plugin. I can’t say how much I love Ashley, such a great help even around the holidays when I had some glitches.
I did want to share my recent coloring pages. So I bought Enchanted Forest and Lost Ocean (super stoked). Over the black friday weekend, I did shop…but on saturday, you still have most of the deals just not the crazy people or the long lines. I looked at the coloring books they have, and some of them are nice but I am addicted to Johanna Basford’s work. If I had seen the new Harry Potter one…I would have snatched that one up but I think it had sold out.
Books Read and Reviewed
The Master by Jean Johnson—I had many high hopes for this ones, since I loved the first two books in the series. But unfortunately I became bored with the story. So I am setting it aside for now and I will return back to it at a later date.
A Mackenzie Clan Gathering by Jennifer Ashley—this was such a fantastic read. I loved getting more of Ian and Beth and more of the rest of them as well.
The Kadin by Bertrice Small—This is the first book written by this author. This is more a historical fiction about harems…but isn’t a true romance like her other novels are. There is no happy ending really, and not a solid romance like I was expecting. But I did like the historical aspects of it.
The Experts Guide To Driving A Man Wild by Jessica Clare—This is a couple I was lookinng forward to…but its a story I had issues with mostly due to the heroine. Now I love crazy and wild heroines, but she was weird. I had many issues with her. And the hero is such a alpha male–iin the beginning…then he kinda turns into a weakling toward the middle of the story and just acts okay with anything the heroine does. Just didn’t fit for me. And this had more of a erotica feel than a romance.
Mastering The Marquess by Lavinia Kent–I found this free on B&N, so I thought I should pick it up. I liked it, more than I thought that I would. Despite the hot love scenes, it had more of a romance novel feel to it, than a erotic feel which is what I was expecting.
The Care and Feeding of An Alpha Male by Jessica Clare—I had a ball of fun with this story. I love both of these characters, two complete opposites that end up being just right for one another.
Tough Enough by M. Leighton–This is the first time I have read this author and I couldn’t put it down it was so good. I loved having a character that struggled through some emotional trauma.
- [1 Nov] The Beast in Him by Shelly Laurenston ★★★★
- [1 Nov] Wicked Fall by Sawyer Bennett ★★★★
- [2 Nov] Bound by Night (Bound #1) by Amanda Ashley ★★★★½
- [4 Nov] Bound By Blood by Amanda Ashley ★★★★½
- [7 Nov] Seduction of a Highland Warrior by Sue-Ellen Welfonder ★★★★
- [8 Nov] The Highlander's Bride by Amanda Forester ★★★★
- [10 Nov] Cold-Hearted Rake by Lisa Kleypas ★★★★½
- [11 Nov] Veil of Midnight by Lara Adrian ★★★★
- [12 Nov] The Virgin's Guide to Misbehaving by Jessica Clare ★★★★
- [15 Nov] The Mark of the Midnight Manzanilla by Lauren Willig ★★★★
- [15 Nov] Slightly Married by Mary Balogh ★★★★
- [18 Nov] Everlasting Kiss by Amanda Ashley ★★★★
- [18 Nov] Holding Strong by Lori Foster ★★★★
- [20 Nov] The Winter Laird by Nancy Scanlon ★★★★½
- [22 Nov] Lucky Shot by B.J. Daniels ★★★★
- [22 Nov] The Highwayman by Kerrigan Byrne ★★★★★
- [23 Nov] Wicked Ride by Rebecca Zanetti ★★★★
- [24 Nov] Conqueror's Kiss by Hannah Howell ★★★★½
- [27 Nov] The Friend Zone by Kristen Callihan ★★★★
- [27 Nov] The Game Plan by Kristen Callihan ★★★½
- [28 Nov] Rock Redemption by Nalini Singh ★★★★½
- [29 Nov] The Spring Bride by Anne Gracie ★★★★
- [30 Nov] Forever His Texas Bride by Linda Broday ★★★★
- [30 Nov] In the Company of Wolves by Paige Tyler ★★★★½
Daniel’s True Desire by Grace Burrowes
Brenda Jackson “Bane” Tour
The Winter Laird Blog Tour
Goodreads Reading Challenge-363/400 91%
Historical Romance Reading Challenge 129/100
New To You Reading Challenge: 116/100
TBR Reading Challenge: 24/20
Challenges I Am Hosting:
Favorite Picks of the Month