This month has been a bit weird for me. First off I really have been in a reading rut twice, so I have fallen behind in my books and reading challenges (so sad) and been doing plenty of re reads. Which has helped a bit and I am hoping that November I can get caught up. But I have ten library books I might have to return without having been read. Isn’t that the worst??? But I did get some reading, just not as much as I was hoping for. I did however get through some more of my review transfers from my other blog to this one YAY!!! Its been fun reconnecting with favorite reads from 2014 and 2013. But I did add something new to my site from Nosegraze. First off, I love the lady in charge. She is so helpful and has really helped me finding great ways to organize. She has a new plugin for Book Tagging in Reviews. Then I purchase Parajunkee Flat Icons. Also I have been keeping up with my coloring. I want to share what I have been working on over the past month. These have been so fun so far and been working on these mostly on my breakk at work while listening to audiobooks.
This was such a fun one to do. Its also my first official page done. I loved exploring shadings and blending different colors together. I used Prismacolor Pencils.
This is still a work in progress but I will probably finish it up this week!! I love this scene….I love the apple tree, with the Square Foot Box Garden, with the shed and pumpkins. Still trying to decide how I am going to build the background, I am thinking of a sunset look, with some bold golds, oranges and reds. What do you think?
Books Read and Reviewed
Bound By Night by Amanda Ashley-Review Coming Soon–Every time I read this author I am even more impressed, I would highly recommend her if you haven’t tried her out and love paranormal romance. Planning on listening to the second book in the series this week. I love this couple and the conflict that have to face together and it was great to listen to this past week getting ready for Halloween.
Best Worst Mistake by Lia Riley-Review Coming Soon- Such a fantastic written story and boy does it connect so well with Beauty and the Beast. I love seeing these two together. Simply Marvelous.
Scandal Takes The Stage by Eva Leigh-Review Coming Soon- such a beautiful written romance. I will admit I enjoyed the first book a bit more, my only issue with this story was the heroine. I felt a bit disconnected with her and she is what I was mostly looking forward to with this book. Still enjoyed it quite a bit, and loved having a character being a female play writer.
Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning-I was really looking forward to this one, but I will say its probably one of my least favorite reads this year. The writing was good, but I didn’t like the setting. It seemed to be pretty much just sex, plenty of voyuerism and menage which really isn’t my thing to read. But I didn’t feel much emotional connection at all between the characters. There were certain scenario’s I really had issues with and just couldn’t understand it. There were a few aspects I liked, but overall I just couldn’t like it.
- [2 Oct] No Limits by Lori Foster ★★★★½
- [2 Oct] Heir To The Pack by Laura Welling ★★★★
- [9 Oct] Insatiable by Virginia Henley ★★★
- [12 Oct] The Madness of Lord Westfall by Mia Marlowe ★★★½
- [13 Oct] Brave the Heat by Sara Humphreys ★★★★
- [15 Oct] Thunder on the Plains by Rosanne Bittner ★★★★★
- [17 Oct] Unleashed by Rachel Lacey ★★★★
- [17 Oct] Wanted: Wild Thing (Midnight Liaisons, #4) by Jessica Sims ★★★★
- [17 Oct] Cowboy Boots for Christmas: (Cowboy Not Included) by Carolyn Brown ★★★½
- [18 Oct] Dark Ghost by Christine Feehan ★★★★
- [19 Oct] Darkness by Laurann Dohner ★★★★
- [20 Oct] The Wrong Bride by Gayle Callen ★★★★
- [22 Oct] Bearing It All by Vonnie Davis ★★★★
- [22 Oct] A Silver Wolf Christmas by Terry Spear ★★★★
- [23 Oct] The Mane Event by Shelly Laurenston ★★★★
- [24 Oct] Right Wrong Guy by Lia Riley ★★★★½
- [28 Oct] I'll Be Home for Christmas by Lori Wilde ★★★★
- [31 Oct] The Highlander Takes a Bride by Lynsay Sands ★★★★
Kissed By Water
First Season and Bride To Be
Sing Your Heart Out
The Wrong Bride
The Great Xmas Knit Off
The Madness of Lord Westfall
Thunder on the Plains
Bearing It All
Laurie McBain Book Tour
Goodreads Reading Challenge: 326/400 81%
Historical Romance Reading Challenge 114/100
New To You Reading Challenge: 109/100
TBR Reading Challenge: 19/20